Projects implementer Mangrove
Indonesia, Jawa, JakartaProjects - Asia
Project Implementer Mangroves
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia
Full time position, local contract
Beginning As soon as possible
Travel / Field : 70%
WHO WE ARE
PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration. PUR Projet is a mission company and B Corp which employees over 160 people in 14 countries and 9 subsidiary companies around the world.
PUR Projet is seeking an impact-driven individual to coordinate and implement mangrove activities.
As a key member of Asia you will report to the Project Manager Indonesia and will be responsible for designing, implementing, following-up and monitoring the activities, mostly mangroves, in various regions of Indonesia.
Your missions will be to support the development, coordination, management and monitoring of ecosystem restoration, agroforestry and regenerative agriculture initiatives or with agricultural communities on behalf of PUR Projet’s new and existing clients; for the purpose of restoring ecosystem services and supporting sustainable livelihoods such as but not limited to:
- Project management: Set-up, Plan, Coordinate, and Monitor the implementation of project activities, build, train and manage local partners, control quality of implementation, improve proceedings, coordinate the implementation of Impacts monitoring activities, develop and manage project budgets, update Reporting and Communication tools and formats, support carbon certification.
- Project monitoring: Monitor projects outputs (adapt and implement data collection tools, consolidate and analyze data, contributes to regular reporting on progress and budget), coordinate the monitoring of project impacts.
- Project development: Upon Client request, assess the feasibility of and design new ecosystem restoration initiatives in Indonesia. Contribute to specific gender, social inclusion, or other thematic project initiatives.
- Partnership management: Support the Programs Team in coordination of projects, partners including clients, local partners and beneficiaries; negotiate deals with private/public partners to implement innovative projects; coordinate project field visits with and for clients and partners.
- Support innovation: Contribute to the improvement of PUR Projet’s tools and proceedings, contribute to the improvement of PUR Projet’s training and educative material.
You have solid project management skills; You demonstrated technical capacity for agroforestry and mangroves projects; You are passionate about climate, forestry and ecology, and are a real team player: This position is for you!
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of field projects implementation and/or management of projects in mangroves
- Graduated from Natural Resource Management, Agronomy, Forestry, Agroforestry, Rural Development or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge or experience in handling carbon certification for afforestation/reforestation projects.
- Knowledge and/or experience with key commodities produced in Indonesia
- Must be fluent in Bahasa and English
- A permit to work in Indonesia